Articles by Month: May 2012
Congratulations to Ken Sikora!
Ken wins a pair of our FDXL100 Leather Fire Boot.
Thank you to all for participating. It was a lot of fun reading all the entries. There were so many great captions. These were a few of our favorites:
- Budgets are tight and we really needed that new mobile command post…. ~ Robert
- Always on duty 24/7 everywhere we travel. Family of firefighters. It’s in our blood. ~ Adam
- Yes Sir! Twenty three tubes of caulk, and three and a half gallons of tar, and she holds water just fine! And as an added bonus, that door makes a mighty fine quick dump! ~ Devon
- Giving a whole new meaning to the departments “Bunk-in program” ~ Sean
- Gee honey I thought we agreed I could buy a firetruck if I bought you a new camper. At least this way I saved us a few dollars. Oh yea and did I mention we’ll be safer during that pesky wild fire season. ~ Justin (blog)
- “I cant understand why Ryan and Mac won’t pose infront of this rig…….but I’ll do it for a pair of Fire-Dex FDXL 100 leather boots”. ~ Ken (blog)
Ken, please email your contact information to email@example.com. Congratulations again!
We found this photo on Facebook and thought is was so funny and appropriate as we come into to camping season, that we decided to use it for our May boot giveaway.
It’s easy! Simply, give us a funny, creative caption for the above picture and be entered to win a pair of Fire-Dex Leather Fire Boots. We will put the entries in a boot (of course) and draw the winning name on Thursday, May 31st.
- Only one entry per person. You may enter more than once, but your name will only be put in the hat for the drawing one time.
- There are three ways you can enter your caption: on our Facebook wall, as a comment on this blog post or by tweeting it to us at @firedex.
- Have fun! (Yes, that is a rule!)
- Keep it clean and respectful. Remember, we are a family channel.
This caption contest is in not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Congratulations to Scott Ingram of Wholesale Fire and Rescue LTD (WFR). Scott has worked for our exclusive dealer in western Canada, WFR, for 5 years. He started as inside sales for almost a year then moved to outside. He covers central AB and northwestern AB.
He likes golfing and plays baseball with his boys. Scott lives in Calgary with his wife Dana and their sons. Dana is also an employee of WFR. Scott is a golfing fanatic; just ask his wife.
Scott has embraced the industrial market and is seeing Fire-Dex meet the needs of the industrial market with ParaDex EMS gear.
May 20 – 26 is National EMS Week. This year’s theme is EMS – More than a job, a calling. Highlighted are events happening in cities across the nation. These variety of events include a parades, training, blood drives, bike rides and more.
Feel free to share your EMS Week events and/or photos on our Facebook wall or blog. Stay safe!
Parade of lights in Little Rock, Arkansas.
EMS Awards and Recognition, CPR Training and visits to day care centers in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Open House and Building Tours in Cedar Grove, New Jersey.
“Turn Sturgis Red”, a blood drive and a Health Awareness Fair in Sturgis, South Dakota.
CPR “Challenge” in Clark County, Washington.
A week long EMS Memorial Bike Ride to honor EMS personnel that have died in the past year and to raise public awareness about the risks of working on the emergency medical services (Boston, MA to Alexandria, VA).