Fire-Dex and AEC Fire & Safety Offer Advanced Materials Seminar
Fire-Dex, in conjunction with AEC Fire-Safety, is sponsoring an informational seminar on Advanced Materials set for November 13th at 5:30pm-9:30pm at Warrensburg Fire Protection District 420 E. Main St. Warrensburg, Illinois. This informational seminar will cover timely topics such as:
- Blood-borne pathogen barriers in turnout gear.
- How to extend the life of turnout gear with proper cleaning and care.
- How to choose the right materials to give you the right amount of protection and breathability.
- Kirk Owen, End Use Marketing Manager from TenCate: Kirk is the former Chairman of the NFPA Technical Committee on Structural and Proximity Fire Fighting Clothing and Equipment, Assistant Chief at Plano FD in Texas. He will discuss the performance characteristics of outer shells and thermal barriers, and their effect on TPP, THL and the overall performance of the composite.
- Brian Barton, Division Manager – Protective Clothing from Stedfast. Brian’s presentation will concern moisture barriers: how they work; how they are constructed, and what are best compilations for Stedair 3000, 4000 and Gold.
- Andrew Oliver, President of Gear Wash, a third party Verified ISP company providing turnout gear care and maintenance services.
Register now at www.firedex.com/training.