20 Questions with Fire-Dex – Steve Allison, Director of Sales
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
Hosting James Long and John Heaton from WS Darley at the Fire-Dex office on Tuesday.
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Las Vegas – golf, gambling & general debauchery.
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
The Pub at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.
4. What is your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig?
Work hard, have fun every day, and treat people well. Keep it simple & it will all work out for you.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
How much fun it would be when the kids were grown, out of the house and on their own!
6. What are three things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
1) I am a preacher’s kid.
2) I am a grandpa (Landyn is 6 & Alivia is almost 1).
3) I live deep in Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio.
7. What is your favorite app?
ESPN SportCenter on my iPad.
8. What is your favorite movie of all time (yes, only one!)?
Rio Bravo, starring John Wayne, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Walter Brennan & very young Angie Dickinson.
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
“Fire” by Jimi Hendrix or “Thunderstruck” by ACDC, depending on my mood.
10. What is your favorite cookie?
11. What do you love most about your job?
Being of service to first responders!
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Staying focused on sales throughout my career. I love the competition and the teamwork needed for success. It is always challenging.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
My Grandpa Allison.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex for 2015?
Our total, 100% company commitment to growing. Metros, military, helping our existing dealer grow, adding new dealers, higher technical specification, new products, & everything else. It is going to be blast filling the 2nd shift!
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas – no contest.
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
I still would do a Business degree.
17. What one device can you not live without?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things. What would those three things be?
My wife Michelle, a lighter & a charged satellite phone, just in case we wanted to call someone to come get us.
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim”?