Articles by Day: June 23, 2015
Remind your communities of these tips for safe and responsible firework usage.
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities.
- have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.