Articles by Month: December 2015
With clients across the country and around the world, our customer service team works hard to provide excellent customer service.
As you will notice from our directory below, we have two Jennifers. In actuality, we have just one – Jen Faust. The other Jennifer listed below goes by Rosie.
For future communications and to insure that information is delivered to the right representative, please refer to Jennifer “Rosie” Rose as Rosie.
Christmas trees are a traditional part of the Christmas holiday. They can also be a major source of fuel in a fire.
- Christmas trees were the item first ignited in an estimated average of 210 reported home structure fires per year in 2009-2013.
- Electrical failures or malfunctions were factors in 30% of Christmas tree fires.
- 18% of home Christmas tree fires involved decorative lights.
- Wiring or related equipment was involved in 12%.
- Cords or plugs were involved in 5%.
- 24% of the Christmas tree fires, some type of heat source, such as a candle or equipment, was too close to the tree.
- 80% or four of every five Christmas tree fires occurred in December and January.
Fire-Dex was formed after A Best Products Co. purchased Morgan Protection Apparel in Rome, GA in 1983. Since the primary business was manufacturing welding and firefighting gloves with good dexterity, the name “Fire-Dex” was an obvious choice.
Fire-Dex strategically grew by adding more accessory items such as fire hoods and suspenders and then began manufacturing structural turnout gear in 1987. Expansion continued in the following years, adding ParaDex EMS and USAR Gear. In September of 2008 Fire-Dex acquired the Chieftain brand, bringing with it a long history in the fire industry, dating back to 1927.
Fire-Dex entered the firefighting footwear market in 2010 when they launched their first structural firefighting boot, the FDXL-100 Red Leather Boot.
Finally, TECGEN® PPE became a Fire-Dex brand in September of 2015.