Articles by Month: March 2016
Jeff Paul has been nominated as our Sales Rep of the Month by RSM Tony Moore. Knowing Tony was going to be in town for two and a half days last month, Jeff managed to set up meetings with 10 different Fire Departments during Tony’s visit to Nebraska. Now, all 10 departments are going with Fire-Dex!
Jeff was also responsible for a record order of ParaDex EMS Gear! The department wanted foam padded knees because they’re always kneeling on the ground when working with patients. So Jeff reached out to his RSM Tony Moore, Tony began working with our Design Queen, Stacy, (yes, that is an official title) and they made it happen!
Jeff stated when he started with Danko Emergency Equipment in February of 2013, it was “an adventure that I will always remember. I met Tony at a sales meeting and from that point forward I have believed in what Fire-Dex represents and is doing to make the firefighter’s job easier while in their gear, especially with the FXR design.” Jeff then went straight to the tattoo parlor and got the Fire-Dex logo tattooed right across his heart; just kidding!
“I could not be successful without the support of my wife Kristen, my three kids (ages 6, 4 and 6 months), the support team at Danko Emergency Equipment and the team of people at Fire-Dex. Thank You all.” Well Jeff, the feeling is mutual; we could not be successful without top-notch Sales Reps like yourself and we thank you!
Congratulations on all of your recent successes and on your nomination as our Sales Representative of the Month!
Medina, Ohio – March 25th, 2016 – Fire-Dex is pleased to announce the promotion of Jeff Koledo to National Sales Manager. This position will allow Jeff to lead, mentor and direct the sales force as Fire-Dex moves forward into the next phase of growth.
“Jeff has a natural ability to be a tremendous mentor and coach. The Fire-Dex sales team will grow quickly under his leadership,” said Steve Allison, VP of Sales and Marketing.
Please join us in congratulating Jeff Koledo on his continued success with Fire-Dex.
This transition will include the following territory changes, effective 4/1/16:
T45: Sarah Finch – Eastern PA
T75: Tory King/Steven Clawson – Texas
Steven Clawson recently joined the sales team as the Texas (T75) Account Manager. He will report to Sr. Regional Sales Manager, Tory King, as they collaborate to increase Fire-Dex’s presence in Texas.
Fire-Dex, headquartered in Medina, OH, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of protective firefighting clothing, emergency response apparel, NFPA hoods, helmets, gloves and boots. Fire-Dex proudly acquired TECGEN PPE in September of 2015, as it’s latest addition to the Fire-Dex family of brands. Visit www.firedex.com for more information.
Steven joined our sales team a few weeks ago as our Texas (T75) Account Manager. He lives in a suburb of Houston and will report to our Sr. Regional Sales Manager, Tory King, as they collaborate to increase Fire-Dex’s presence in Texas.
Steven has worked in sales for the past 12 years in the Texas industrial oil and gas market. He was also a volunteer firefighter in Pearland, TX for 6 years and is currently a certified EMT on his local department.
Please join us in welcoming Steven to our team! His contact information is as follows:
Fire-Dex Ext. 377
Cell: (832) 922-8514
Title/Position: Battalion Chief FDNY (retired) / Consultant
Pictured above is Bob with New York Giants Punter Sean Landetta. Sean let him try on his two Super Bowl Championship rings!
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
I was skiing in a foot of powder on Tuesday in Park City, Utah with my son Matt.
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
The British Virgin Islands
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
Robke’s in Northport, New York
4. What is your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig?
Find something that you love to do and you will never have to “work” a day in your life! I loved working for the FDNY.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
6. What are 3 things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
I love sailing and lacrosse. I am also a Parrot Head.
7. What is your favorite app?
Dark Sky – weather forecasting
8. What is your favorite movie of all time?
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
Maroon 5 – Sugar
10. What is your favorite cookie?
Mom’s Chocolate Chip Bars
11. What do you love most about your job?
Keeping in touch with firefighters. We share a unique view of life and I love to connect with similar minded people.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Being able to share my life’s experiences to make firefighting a little bit safer.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
Firefighter Robert Wiedmann FDNY Rescue 2, who survived a horrific flashover fire.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex in 2016?
Development of the Nomex Nano Flex Hood
15. What is your favorite holiday?
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
Ski Resort Management
17. What one device can you not live without?
My iPhone (unfortunately)
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have THREE things, what would they be?
The Bible, fishing gear & beer
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim?”