Remind your communities of these tips for safe and responsible firework usage.
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities.
- have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
FDIC is the world’s largest fire training-based conference and exhibition dedicated to delivering the finest training available to the men and women of the fire service. This year’s event will be held in Indianapolis on April 20-25, 2015.
Visit Fire-Dex in booth 1416 to see our gear AND to win daily *gear* prizes!