The “Kickin’ It…Summer 2011” Fire-Dex leather fire boot promotion continues. Take 33 seconds, enjoy the music, check out our boots and see the question at the end. We want to know “where your fire boots went today!”
Have fun and keep it clean. Good luck!
And, the winner is……Brian Berry! Congratulations, Brian!
We picked our top 10 favorites, put the names in a boot (of course), and pulled out Brian’s name. There were many funny, creative captions. Our favorites were:
- Adam: “Last one to the end has to buy ice cream for everyone at the Fire-Dex booth for FDIC 2012.”
- Mike: “Got boots?”
- Jason: “I tried these boots on at FDIC. These boots are too comfortable for work boots. If you are “Kickin’ It” in these boots, you’re kicking back and relaxing.”
- Brian: ”I made a mess. You’re gonna need some gloves, turnout gear, an SCBA and these boots.”
- Jennifer: “Mommy wears the boots in our family!”
- Keith: “My mom always told me to call home when I fell in love. Does anyone have a quarter I can borrow so I can call her and tell her about the boots?”
- Chris: “My daddy’s two favorite things… me and his Fire-dex!”
- Todd: “Because I will look cool in them!”
- Jason: “I sure have Big Boots to fill to be a Hero like my Dad!”
- Owen: “My daddy’s boots are so soft, comfortable, and safe I had to get some myself.”
Be watching for more photos and a video. That’s right, one post in July will be a short video with a question at the end. It’s very cool and very catchy! Good luck and enjoy your Independence Day weekend.
Brian, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Monday we released our first photo for our “Kickin It..Summer 2011” boot promotion. We already have some funny entries about our adorable future firefighter, Hayden. Get the details and rules of the monthly boot giveaway. And, remember, you get one entry per week regardless of the number of times you enter a caption.
Here’s Hayden and some of our favorite captions for this week (so far):
Brian: “I made a mess. You’re gonna need some gloves, turnout gear, an SCBA and these boots.”
Keith: “You think I’m cute, you should have seen the girls that were wearing these boots at FDIC!”
Chris: “My daddies two favorite things… me and his Fire-dex!”
Adam: “Mom, forget the teddy bear…”
Go ahead! Add your caption and watch next week for our next photo.
The Kickin’ It, Summer 2011 Fire-Dex leather boot campaign is underway. It’s easy to participate…fun too! Simply, watch our Facebook fan page every week for our newest “Caption Contest,” check out the picture, and give us your best caption for the photo. Each week, we’ll highlight some of our favorites.
On the last day of June, July and August, we will announce a winner of a pair of Fire-Dex Leather Fire Boots.
The rules are simple:
- Have fun,
- Keep it clean (we’re a family channel),
- One entry per week.
Congratulations to Tom Trzepacz, Chief of the Bowmansville, N.Y. Volunteer Fire Association, the first Fire-Dex Friday hood winner!
Tom is in his 14th year with the Bowmansville Volunteer Fire Association and fourth as its Chief. BVFA serves both Bowmansville and Lancaster, N.Y., answering about 750 alarms each year and providing fire, rescue and basic-level emergency medical services.
Being a part of the Bowmansville VFA is a family affair for the Trzepacz clan. Tom’s father, two brothers, a sister, a brother-in-law, a sister-in-law and a nephew are all members. His grandfather was also a firefighter and Tom has a number of uncles and cousins that are firefighters in other companies.
Tom’s full-time job is working at Performance Advantage Company in Lancaster, which specializes in tool and equipment mounting systems for the fire service and the military worldwide. He has been married for four years and has 3-year-old and 5-month-old sons, who, unfortunately, are not big enough yet to fit into our very cool Fire-Dex hoods.