Congratulations to our April FDXL-5o Grey Leather Boot winner, Kyle Donnelly . We will give another pair of FDXL-50 Grey Leather Boots away in May. Be watching for the entry to that contest.
Kyle, you will receive an email with more instructions about sizing and delivery.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Congratulations to our March FDXL-5o Grey Leather Boot winner, Rhonda Hensley. We will give another pair of FDXL-50 Grey Leather Boots away in April. Be watching for the entry to that contest.
Rhonda, you will receive an email with more instructions about sizing and delivery.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Rockin’ around the #firedexnation…have a happy holiday!
Beginning on Monday, December 1st and continuing every day until Friday, December 12th, we will be giving away a daily prize for our 4th Annual 12 Days of Fire-Dex. The grand prize, a complete set of head to toe Fire-Dex gear will be awarded on Day 12. This year our theme is Rockin’ Around the Fire-Dex Nation: A Giveaway Salute to our Distributors. The daily prizes for days 1-7 will be a popular food item from each Fire-Dex region to be shared at your firehouse (or not).
To enter, click here and enter your information. You only have to enter your information once to be eligible for all remaining drawings AND you can do it at any time during the 12 days. For instance, if you forget or haven’t entered the drawing and it’s December 3rd, simply go to our Facebook page, or to our blog and sign up.
Here is the complete list of daily giveaways:
- December 1 – From Tony Moore’s region, Omaha Steaks 4 (5 oz) Bacon Wrapped Filet and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 2 – From Allen Rom’s region, Savannah’s Candy Kitchen 1 Southern Pecan Pie and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 3 – From Bruce Scheck’s region, Sweet Tooth Cottage 2 Dozen Fire-Dex Logo Butter Cookies and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 4 – From Lance Matiste’s region, Edwards Petite Ham and Virginia Peanuts and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 5 – From Bob Tharp’s region, Harry and David Northwest Basket and one of our new Fire-Dex / Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 6 – From Jeff Koledo’s region, Cousins Maine Lobsters – 2 LBS Live Maine Lobsters and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 7 – From Tory King’s region, Aunt Sally’s Pralines – 12 count box and Cajun Crawfish – Seasoned Boiled Crawfish (15 LBS) and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 8 – 1 Pair of Fire-Dex FDXL-100 Red Leather Fire Boots.
- December 9 – 1 Fire-Dex Nomex® fire hood, one helmet (model of choice) and one pair of FDXL-100 Red Leather Fire Boots.
- December 10 – 1 Set of Fire-Dex FXM Turnout Gear
- December 11 – 1 Set of Fire-Dex FXR Turnout Gear
- December 12 – Compete Set of Head to Toe Fire-Dex Gear, including one set of Fire-Dex turnout gear (model of choice), one Nomex® fire hood, one helmet (model of choice) and one pair of FDXL – 100 Red Leather Fire Boots.
Good luck and Happy Holidays from Fire-Dex!
These giveaways have been sponsored by DuPont. DuPont Nomex® and Kevlar® brand fibers provide superior strength, durability and thermal protection that stands up to the heat.
Believe it or not, the fire helmet was first introduced in 1739 as a leather hat. Jacob Turk, a gunsmith who would later become the head of the New York Fire Department, was the man to champion the invention.
Almost 100 years later, luggage maker Henry Gratacap would retool the design into something similar to the helmets we have today. The iconic design, inspired by jockeys who wore their hats backwards, featured a special durable type of leather, and a design that would protect firefighters from debris. The hat’s hard crown could even be used as a tool for breaking windows!
The traditional fire helmet is certainly one of the most significant tools of the trade. To learn more about the transformation of the fire helmet, see our blog post The Evolution of the Fire Helmet.
Click here to view the complete Fire-Dex helmet line.
Fire-Dex introduces our newest in turnout gear, FXM. FXM combines traditional, proven performance characteristics with the latest in comfort features in a new, modern style platform.
FXM features a modern tapered hem coat that is longer in the back and shorter in front giving you maximum coverage where you need it, and just as importantly, less where you don’t. In addition, FXM incorporates the DexFlex™ knees and elbows that are pre-bent for more flexibility and freedom of movement. A seamless crotch gusset provides less restriction and more durability.