Operations Management Trainee Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex Operations Management Trainee
Fire Dex, LLC is currently looking for an Operations Management Trainee to learn and develop skills and abilities to become a leader within the Operations department. The trainee will be exposed to various operations and support functions within the business to develop a well-rounded foundation for future leadership assignments.
The goal of this newly created role is to work hand-in hand with all production associates to learn each manufacturing process and build associate relationships. The incumbent will obtain product knowledge, industry knowledge, understanding of customer requirements and industry compliance during each operational assignment while progressively become more involved and gain responsibility for leadership of an area.
Develop a deep understanding of business operations through a series of rotations or exposures to various departments, including but not limited to:
- Quality and inspection
- Production operations
- Customer service
- Supply chain
Identify opportunities for improvement relative to cost, productivity, safety, and quality. Engage in performance management which includes the development and evaluation process of personnel. Develop Lean skills to be a champion for improvement processes in the future.
Candidates Should Possess the Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or Engineering or related field required (by the Summer of 2018)
- Co-op, internship or work experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong plus
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside of the organization, including verbal, electronic and written
- Self-starter with project management abilities
- Familiar with Lean principles
- Superior with Excel and MS office applications
- Efficient with multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon business needs
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
- Self-motivated and action-oriented, with high energy
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
We are a rapidly growing privately-owned manufacturer of personal protection equipment (PPE) for firefighters and other emergency responders. Our headquarters are located in Medina, OH (in between Cleveland and Akron). Our mission is to serve those who serve. Our values include fun, integrity, respect and excellence = FIRE!
A Northcoast 99 Winner!
Full-time benefits include: health, dental and vision plans, 401(k), profit sharing, vacations, holidays & more.
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.