Production Sewing Associates (2nd Shift) Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex 2nd Shift Production Sewing Associate
Seeking Production Sewing Associates, also known as Sewing Machine Operators, Sewers, Industrial Sewers, Sewists, Seamstresses, and/or Tailors!
We are actively seeking self-motivated and energetic candidates for our fast-paced operations! Primary responsibilities include sewing on various materials, typically in a team environment, to create apparel, including: pants, coats, hoods and suspenders, etc.
We are currently hiring for full-time on 2nd shift. The hours are 3:00 pm until 11:30 pm, Monday through Friday. (Hours on Fridays can be flexible to start and end earlier in the day!)
Candidates should possess the following:
• High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent
• Ability to work standing in a cutting and sewing environment
• Basic math including measurements and the ability to read and understand a tape measure
• Ability to read for understanding, follow and retain multiple work instructions
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to work in teams as well as possess self-accountability
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to follow visual and quality requirements for products being manufactured
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Focus on safety
• Values, solicits, and utilizes input from others
• Ability to understand and/or learn and support lean efforts
• Sewing skills/experience are a strong plus, but we will train
• Previous manufacturing or factory or warehouse experience is a plus
We have a comprehensive training program and with $10.50 per hour to start, plus weekly performance incentives and $1 per hour shift differential. High performers have a potential to earn more than $15 per hour after their first year.
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.