Sales Manager Trainee Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex Sales Manager Trainee
Participate in an entry-level extensive, structured, two-year training program, designed to provide a strong knowledge of all aspects of our business. Together, we will prepare you for your own territory as a Regional Sales Manager. You will complete numerous training activities over a period of approximately 2 years. The program combines a series of rotations in various departments, including but not limited to:
- Customer service
- Quality and inspection
- Field and territory sales
Develop sales skills and techniques and gain in-depth knowledge of our company, products and the industry to advance to the next level and sell Fire-Dex to prospects and established distributors/customers in your own assigned territory. You may complete special projects, generate sales leads and pursue new revenue-producing business for assigned projects.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or obtaining a four-year college degree from an accredited college or university by Spring/Summer 2018
- A degree in Sales, Marketing, Fire Protection or Safety Engineering Technology is a plus
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 preferred
- A leadership role in campus or related extracurricular activities is a plus
- Availability to begin employment no later than Spring/Summer 2018
- Ability to relocate upon completion of training is required
- Desire and willingness to travel
- More extensively the second year of training
- Once placed in a territory, approximately 110-130 days per year, with 70-80 overnights
- Co-op, internship, or work experience in a customer service, sales, production, administrative role, fire protection or safety engineering technology is a plus
- Possess an active driver’s license
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside of the organization, including verbal, electronic and written
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Efficient with multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon business needs
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
- Self-motivated and action-oriented, with high energy and dedication to strong customer service and sales growth
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds due to the nature of handling product demonstrations
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
What’s In It for You?
- Salary, including base and bonus potential
- Housing reimbursement may be available
- Student loan repayment assistance may be available
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental and vision plans, 401K, paid vacations, holidays, and more!
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Depending on the assigned territory, a company vehicle may be provided
- Comprehensive training and rotational experiences
- Privately owned and fast-growing company
- Feel really good about what you're selling, because it's impactful
- A Northcoast 99 Winning Company!
- Learn our business from the inside out!
- An excellent opportunity to make a direct influence on the growth of our business and your future!
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.