Sales Manager Trainee Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex Sales Manager Trainee
Fire Dex, LLC is currently looking for a Sales Manager Trainee to participate in an extensive, structured, two-year training program, designed to provide a strong knowledge of all aspects of our business.
The goal of this newly created Sales Manager Trainee position is to prepare the associate for their own territory as a Regional Sales Manager. As an entry level Sales Manager Trainee, the associate will complete numerous training activities over a period of approximately 2 years. The program combines a series of rotations in various departments, including but not limited to:
- Customer service
- Quality and inspection
- Field and territory sales
The associate will develop sales skills and techniques and gain in-depth knowledge of our company, products and the industry in order to advance to the next level and to sell Fire-Dex to prospects and established distributors/customers in their own assigned territory. They may complete special projects, generate sales leads and pursue new revenue-producing business for assigned projects.
Candidates Should Possess the Following:
- Obtaining a four-year college degree from an accredited college or university by June 2018
- A degree in Sales, Marketing, Fire Protection or Safety Engineering Technology is a plus
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 preferred
- A leadership role in campus or related extracurricular activities is a plus
- Availability to begin employment no later than July 9, 2018
- Ability to relocate upon completion of training is required
- Possess an active driver’s license
- Co-op or internship experience in a customer service, sales, production, administrative role, fire protection or safety engineering technology is a plus
- Desire and willingness to travel
- More extensively the second year of training
- Once placed in a territory, approximately 110-130 days per year, with 70-80 overnights
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside of the organization, including verbal, electronic and written
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Efficient with multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon business needs
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
- Self-motivated and action-oriented, with high energy and dedication to strong customer service and sales growth
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds due to the nature of handling product demonstrations
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
We are a rapidly growing privately-owned manufacturer of personal protection equipment (PPE) for firefighters and other emergency responders. Our mission is to serve those who serve. Our values include fun, integrity, respect and excellence = FIRE! Salary includes base and bonus potential. Housing reimbursement may be available.
Full-time benefits include: travel expense reimbursement, health, dental and vision plans, 401K, paid vacations, holidays, and more!
This is an excellent opportunity to make a direct impact on the growth of our business and your future! Learn our business from the inside out!
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.