Articles by Month: January 2012
Congratulations to Brad Mitchell!
Brad in our first FDXL100 Leather Fire Boot winner for 2012.
We had an amazing turnout for our caption photo this month. Thank you to all for participating. It was a lot of fun reading all the entries. There were so many great captions. These were a few of our favorites:
- STOP!!! Tebow Time! ~ Zach
- Dear heavenly father please send me a N.P.B……new pair boots!! ~ Eric
- Dear lord, let Randy have the keys to the truck in his gear. ~ Nicholas
- This photo needs no caption. ~ Allen
- Tim Tebow after his first working fire. ~ Andrew
- Praying that our pumper turns RED! ~ Brad
- “These pics seemed funnier when Mac and Ryan posed for them”. ” Hey your the one that said we could get better replies “. ~ Ken
- Tebow or not Tebow that is the question! ~ Doug
- “if we cant see chief, he cant see us, if we cant see chief, he cant see us” ~ Mike
- Firefighters were “tebowing” before “tebowing” was even cool! ~ Tyler
- Even with the best gear we always ask for more help. ~ Dan
Brad, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations again!
It’s easy! Simply, give us a funny, creative caption for the above picture and be entered to win a pair of Fire-Dex Leather Fire Boots. We will put the entries in a boot (of course) and draw the winning name on Tuesday, January 31st.
We found this photo on Tumblr; and, since they’re wearing super cool Fire-Dex gear, we thought it was a perfect fit for our monthly boot giveaway. So, give it some thought and give it your best shot.
- Only one entry per person. You may enter more than once, but your name will only be put in the hat for the drawing one time.
- There are three ways you can enter your caption: on our Facebook wall, as a comment on this blog post or by tweeting it to us at @firedex.
- Have fun! (Yes, that is a rule!)
- Keep it clean and respectful. We are a family channel.
This caption contest is in not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
We are proud to be supporting firefighters and their quest to train at FDIC. We will be lending our Fire-Dex Internal Pant Harness system in FX pants with an R.I.T. AL-2 Descender to our friends at Safety and Survival Training. Lt. Daniel DiRenzo of Cherry Hill (NJ) Fire Department will be the Lead Instructor for the class: Firefighter Escape Options. This class is new this year.
Sign up for the class, get training to keep you and your crew safe, and try out some Fire-Dex gear.
Paula Komm, Customer Service Representative with Fire-Dex for 10 years
What do you do at Fire-Dex?
Customer service/order entry for Great Lakes and South East regions
Best advice to Fire-Dex clients.
Double check your order and your FireWriter to be sure they are correct. With all the options offered on custom gear be sure we can understand exactly what you want and where you want it placed on the gear.
Best/Favorite thing about your job at Fire-Dex.
Talking with the customers and working with our regional sales managers
How is Fire-Dex better than their competitors?
We listen to the firefighter and do our best to fulfill their requirements with a quick turn around.
List 3 things people don’t know about you.
- I recently became a deacon at our church.
- I vacationed in Australia.
- I’ve spent a night in a Red Cross shelter @ the high school in Wytheville VA during a snow storm.
Coke or Pepsi?
Pepsi, but actually like non-cola or fruit drinks better.
What do you do in your spare time?
Counted cross stitch, love the outdoors, my kids activities
First Responders Park Memorial, located in downtown Hilliard, Ohio, is a memorial park built to honor the victims and service personnel of the September 11th tragedy.
This park is the largest one of its kind aside from the park built at the site of the World Trade Center in New York City. The theme of the park is “We will never forget” and includes steel from the twin towers. The focal point of the memorial is a stainless steel sculpture created by a local artist. New elements will be added to the piece each year to keep the event forever in the public’s mind.
Fire and Police Departments collected and made donations to make this park possible. The city also started a fund in 2008 specifically for the creation of this park. The public may purchase a paver or donate to the fund by stopping by the Municipal Building.
More information and a video about the project can be found at http://hilliardohio.gov/live/firstresponderspark.aspx.
Welcome to 2012!
After our blowout end of the year giveaway, the 12 Days of Fire-Dex, we are back with our regular, weekly Fire-Dex Fridays. And, this quarter we are going to mix it up a bit. On the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, we will be giving away Fire-Dex hoods, on the 2nd Friday of the month the winner will receive a Personalized Fire-Dex Gear Bag and on the 4th Friday of the month the winner wins a pair of Fire-Dex gloves.
But wait, there’s more! On the 30th of the month, we will announce our monthly Fire-Dex Leather Fire Boot Winner! We will post pictures throughout the month for funny, interesting captions. Enter your best caption to be eligible to win the boots on the 30th.
Good luck and be watching every week for your invite.
These weekly giveaways (“Fire-Dex Fridays) are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”).