Articles by Month: November 2014
This year, in celebration of the 12 Days of Fire-Dex, we are highlighting each of our sales territories across the United States and beyond. The daily prizes for days 1-7 will feature a popular food item from that area. Warning…you may not want to share with your firehouse.
Our first stop is Territory T-10 managed by Fire-Dex Regional Sales Manager Tony Moore. Tony joined the Fire-Dex sales team in May of 2010. He brings a wealth of sales and fire industry experience to the team…not to mention his personal journey. He has even authored a few books to chronicle his life’s tales and hosts radio interviews with interesting people, from all walks of life, that are featured each week on a UK radio station. In his career, Tony has designed gloves for the fire and military markets. One those gloves is now in every US GI’s kit bag. Many of you know Tony as our resident Englishman and he wears that distinction proudly.
Our prize for Day 1 of the 12 Days of Fire-Dex hails from Tony’s region. It is from the cornhusker state and is certainly appropriate for the farming in that area. The winner of the Day 1 prize will enjoy 4 (5 oz.) Peppered-Bacon-Wrapped Filets from Omaha Steaks. Of course, we also need to share some Fire-Dex swag…so today’s winner will also receive a Fire-Dex baseball hat and a Fire-Dex surprise!
Featured Fire-Dex Dealers in this area:
Emergency Response Solutions (ERS) – (517) 355-3363
Follow ERS on Facebook.
Rockin’ around the #firedexnation…have a happy holiday!
Beginning on Monday, December 1st and continuing every day until Friday, December 12th, we will be giving away a daily prize for our 4th Annual 12 Days of Fire-Dex. The grand prize, a complete set of head to toe Fire-Dex gear will be awarded on Day 12. This year our theme is Rockin’ Around the Fire-Dex Nation: A Giveaway Salute to our Distributors. The daily prizes for days 1-7 will be a popular food item from each Fire-Dex region to be shared at your firehouse (or not).
To enter, click here and enter your information. You only have to enter your information once to be eligible for all remaining drawings AND you can do it at any time during the 12 days. For instance, if you forget or haven’t entered the drawing and it’s December 3rd, simply go to our Facebook page, or to our blog and sign up.
Here is the complete list of daily giveaways:
- December 1 – From Tony Moore’s region, Omaha Steaks 4 (5 oz) Bacon Wrapped Filet and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 2 – From Allen Rom’s region, Savannah’s Candy Kitchen 1 Southern Pecan Pie and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 3 – From Bruce Scheck’s region, Sweet Tooth Cottage 2 Dozen Fire-Dex Logo Butter Cookies and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 4 – From Lance Matiste’s region, Edwards Petite Ham and Virginia Peanuts and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 5 – From Bob Tharp’s region, Harry and David Northwest Basket and one of our new Fire-Dex / Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 6 – From Jeff Koledo’s region, Cousins Maine Lobsters – 2 LBS Live Maine Lobsters and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 7 – From Tory King’s region, Aunt Sally’s Pralines – 12 count box and Cajun Crawfish – Seasoned Boiled Crawfish (15 LBS) and one of our new Fire-Dex /Nomex® baseball hats.
- December 8 – 1 Pair of Fire-Dex FDXL-100 Red Leather Fire Boots.
- December 9 – 1 Fire-Dex Nomex® fire hood, one helmet (model of choice) and one pair of FDXL-100 Red Leather Fire Boots.
- December 10 – 1 Set of Fire-Dex FXM Turnout Gear
- December 11 – 1 Set of Fire-Dex FXR Turnout Gear
- December 12 – Compete Set of Head to Toe Fire-Dex Gear, including one set of Fire-Dex turnout gear (model of choice), one Nomex® fire hood, one helmet (model of choice) and one pair of FDXL – 100 Red Leather Fire Boots.
Good luck and Happy Holidays from Fire-Dex!
These giveaways have been sponsored by DuPont. DuPont Nomex® and Kevlar® brand fibers provide superior strength, durability and thermal protection that stands up to the heat.
Congratulations to our November FDXL-5o Grey Leather Boot winner, Tyler Silva.
Our annual 12 Days of Fire-Dex promotion will be kicking off on December 1st and includes three, yes THREE, days of gear winning opportunities. Our final prize will be awarded on December 12th and includes a complete set of gear from head to toe! You will not want to miss this annual online event.
Tyler, you will receive an email with more instructions about sizing and delivery. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Medina, Ohio – October 1, 2014 – Fire-Dex, a leading manufacturer of firefighter personal protective equipment (PPE), today announced its partnership with Response Protection Corporation of Putnam Valley, NY on the exclusive manufacturing of the Capt. Jim hood line.
Designed by retired FDNY Battalion Chief, Kevin O’Donoghue, and named for his father James, a 34 year veteran of FDNY, the Capt. Jim hood combines comfort, protection and durability with an exclusive, proprietary material called Spentex™ to create a hood that is unlike anything available on the market today.
“My years at FDNY helped me design a hood that I knew would be safer and more comfortable for the firefighter,” said O’Donoghue, President/CEO at Response Protection Corp., “the protection and durability of the Spentex material together with the manufacturing expertise of Fire-Dex has me extremely excited about the future of this hood.”
Fire-Dex will produce the Capt. Jim hoods at its manufacturing headquarters in Medina, OH.
“Fire-Dex is excited about our partnership with Response Protection and to be manufacturing the Capt. Jim hood,” said John Zbozien, Director of Marketing at Fire-Dex, “this hood offers a clearly differentiated set of features and benefits that make it unique in the marketplace.”
Capt. Jim hoods by Fire-Dex are available through the growing Response Protection network of distributors. A complete list of distributors can be found on the Response Protection website atwww.responseprotection.com
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
I’m almost 17 weeks pregnant and I felt the baby move for the first time Sunday night! I’ve felt the little gymnast doing some crazy stuff a few more times since then.
2. Where is your favorite vacation destination?
I can’t pick between two. One is a spot in southeast Ohio where we go camping and 4-wheeling. There are beautiful rolling hills and lots of woods and creeks and little ponds. My next favorite is Siesta Key in Florida. We stayed there and on Nokomis Beach for about almost a week and it was so fun.
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
There is a placed called The Grille in Brunswick, owned by Cleveland’s own Captain Cleveland! They have insanely good, authentic Greek and Mediterranean food. The pita bread and hummus is killer!
4. What your best advice for new college grads seeking their first career gig?
Make as many friends as possible! Knowing a guy who knows a guy really pays off.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
I don’t think I’d do anything any differently… and the butterfly effect is dangerous, so I’d say “nothing”!
6. What are three things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
1 – I talk to my dog like she’s a human.
2 – I love going fishing and will even go by myself if no one else wants to go.
3 – My husband and I became friends in the seventh grade.
7. What is your favorite app?
Nest. We bought a smoke and carbon monoxide detector that alerts an app on your smart phone when it goes off, which gives me peace of mind with my dogs at home alone! The smoke detector works through your home wifi. You can open the app at any time just to check how things are doing and when the last test was.
8. What is your favorite movie of all time (yes, only one!)?
9. Who makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear them on your iPod or radio?
Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealers Wheel
10. What’s your favorite cookie?
Homemade chocolate chip
11. What do you love most about your job?
I love that I get to be creative and work with a team that loves hearing new ideas.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
The creation and ongoing development of the FireWriter2 Custom Gear Configurator. While obviously I didn’t “create” it (I have NO idea how to do any kind of programming) I was given the opportunity to provide the programmers with the blueprint for how the options need to flow, what dependencies need built in, and how to make it work so that customers can easily convey to Fire-Dex exactly how they want their custom gear built with 100% accuracy. It’s easy for me to get stuck in the details, but when I take a step back and look at my original sketches compared to what it has become today, I can’t help but feel proud.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
My parents are my biggest inspiration. My mom, because she always has a great outlook on any situation, and life in general. She’s a strong person and knows how to deal with anything. My dad, because he’s totally unstoppable. He has always come home from work to do more work at home. He takes a lot of pride in everything he does and is a total perfectionist. He’s an electrician and the panels he wires look like a work of art, they’re so perfect. He has always taught me the value in working as hard as you can and putting your best face forward.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex for 2015?
I’m most excited for our “new look” to be completely finished and public. We’re revamping all of our catalogs and literature right now and they will be available in the first quarter of 2015.
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, by far. I just love the lights and the food!
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
Ha, Marketing! Psychology seemed like a good choice at the time…
17. What one device can you not live without?
My computer. I went without a smart phone for a long time and could do it again if I had to. I can’t live without a computer, though
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have 3 things, what would those 3 things be?
Speaking from a completely utilitarian standpoint, if this was a deserted island and I was in survival mode: a big roll of fabric, preferably Nomex®/Kevlar®, a roll of duct tape, and really sharp knife. If this island is a resort: sunglasses, a yoga mat and a chai latte.
19. Android or iPhone?
iPhone… it’s all I’ve ever known!
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 questions “victim”?
This weekend Fire-Dex RSM Tony Moore will be attending a Chili Cook Off at the White River Township Fire Department in Greenwood, Indiana. Fire-Dex and Old National Bank are the main sponsors for this event. All event proceeds benefit the Christmas Angels. Christmas Angels is a charity that provides gifts and a Christmas party for children in need.
Photo from the 2013 event.