Articles by Month: June 2015
Remind your communities of these tips for safe and responsible firework usage.
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities.
- have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
Congratulations to our June FDXL-5o Grey Leather Boot winner, Andrew Sauder.
We will give another pair of FDXL-50 Grey Leather Boots away in July. Be watching for the entry to that contest.
Andrew, you will receive an email with more instructions about sizing and delivery.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Director of Finance
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
Watching my son, Tony, win the High School State Championship in the 4 x 100 with the entire family.
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Myrtle Beach with the family and Las Vegas with “the guys.”
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
Jimmy’s Place in Parma
4. What is your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig?
Find a job that you love, so you will never have to work a day in your life
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
Time truly will go as fast as everyone tells you it will.
6. What are three things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
– Was a Corp Auditor with Arthur Andersen & Co.
– My wife and I were members of the 1st Place Fire-Dex kickball team
– I love to fish ( LOL )
7. What is your favorite app?
8. What is your favorite movie of all time (yes, only one!)?
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
Anything Classic Rock ( Zeppelin / Kiss / Floyd )
10. What is your favorite cookie?
Chocolate chip with milk of course
11. What do you love most about your job?
The great people great I get to work with on a daily basis.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
25 years with Fire-Dex (This August 9th)
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
Without a doubt, my parents.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex for 2015?
15. What is your favorite holiday?
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
Same – Business / Accounting
17. What one device can you not live without?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things. What would those three things be?
Family, friends and a beautiful beach house
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim”?
Dan Goble, IT Specialist
Fire departments around the world are gearing up for International Fire/EMS Safety and Health Week, held June 14th – 20th, 2015. This week is set aside each year to encourage all fire departments to put a hold on all non-emergency activity and shift their focus on training and education.
Both organizations aim to reduce preventable injuries and deaths in fire and emergency services, so they decided to join forces and spread a unified message: it is critically important that responders take care of themselves both on and off the scene of an emergency. They have designed this week to “increase awareness and action so that safety and health become a priority in all fire departments.”
We hope your fire department will take time this week to shift your focus and gear up with us. Be sure to tag us @firedex in your pictures of how your department is celebrating by using the hashtag #SafetyandHealthWeek.
We will be in Germany for the 2015 International Fire/EMS Safety & Health Week. Get the skinny on our booth and be sure to visit our International Sales Team.
The Fire-Dex team traveling to Germany will include:
Tony Moore, Regional Sales Manager
Bill Burke, President & CEO,
Allen Rom, Senior Regional Sales Manager
John Zbozien, Director of Marketing
John Karban, Director of Operations
Peggy Curtis, Regional Sales Manager
Steve Allison, Director of Sales
Interschutz 2015, the leading exhibition for fire prevention, rescue, disaster relief, safety and security.
June 8th – 13th, 2015
Our exhibition stand will be located in Hall 27, Stand G30. Need directions? Here’s a map.
It’s our first time attending the International Fire/EMS Safety & Health Week and we are anxious to share our protective fire and EMS apparel with the world!