The History of Fire-Dex
Fire-Dex was formed after A Best Products Co. purchased Morgan Protection Apparel in Rome, GA in 1983. Since the primary business was manufacturing welding and firefighting gloves with good dexterity, the name “Fire-Dex” was an obvious choice.
Fire-Dex strategically grew by adding more accessory items such as fire hoods and suspenders and then began manufacturing structural turnout gear in 1987. Expansion continued in the following years, adding ParaDex EMS and USAR Gear. In September of 2008 Fire-Dex acquired the Chieftain brand, bringing with it a long history in the fire industry, dating back to 1927.
Fire-Dex entered the firefighting footwear market in 2010 when they launched their first structural firefighting boot, the FDXL-100 Red Leather Boot.
Finally, TECGEN® PPE became a Fire-Dex brand in September of 2015.