Q&A With Production Manager Ryan Holliday
What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
My 2020 AAU basketball team came back from being 16 points down with 5 minutes to go to win the semifinals game of a tournament.
What is your favorite vacation destination?
Fripp Island, South Carolina.
What was the first concert you ever attended?
Travis Tritt’s No Hats tour at Blossom Music Center.
What are you most excited for Fire-Dex in 2018?
Our continued growth!
What TV show are you embarrassed to admit that you watch?
Saved by the Bell – Zack Morris is the man!
What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
I don’t like to look back and dwell on a negative. I would rather embrace the past, learn from each situation and then move forward.
If you were a baseball player, what song would you walk out to?
Eye of the Tiger by Journey. But I would not be a baseball player, I would be an NBA player.
What are 3 things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
- I cut all non natural sugars out of my diet from ages 5-18.
- I enjoy watching chick flick movies – I cover this up by watching them with my daughter and saying it is good “father/daughter time.”
- I am related to the famous “Doc” Holliday.
What is your favorite movie of all time?
What do you love most about your job?
I love the people. We have an amazing team. This team is truly unique. Everybody cares about the work they do and they work very hard to achieve daily goals. Not everyone can work at Fire-Dex. You need to be a self motivated, driven, and a highly focused person to fit into our culture. Honestly, I could brag about this team all day long!
What I’m currently reading…
Extreme Ownership – How U.S. Navy Seals Lead and Win by Jocko Willik and Leif Babin.
If you were stranded on an island and could only have THREE things, what would they be?
- Fully fueled airplane.
- A runway.
- A pilot’s manual – I am not turning into a character from “Lost”. I am figuring out a way off this island.
What career advice would you give to new college grads or other job seekers searching for their first career opportunity?
Here is my top ten:
- Come in motivated and ready to work.
- Be a likeable teammate.
- Seek win-win conflict resolution.
- Expect change.
- Do everything you can to help others.
- Do not stop your journey of personal development, ever.
- Be dependable. That means on time…all the time.
- Be self-aware.
- Trust in the Lord, he has your back!