Q&A With Quality & Compliance Coordinator Lindsey Anderson
What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
I helped coach a friend to compete in her first powerlifting meet and she did awesome!
What is your favorite vacation destination?
So far, Austria. I took a trip with my Mom to visit family and I still daydream about those mountains.
What was the first concert you ever attended?
What are you most excited for Fire-Dex in 2018?
How quickly it’s growing. It’s already been crazy to see the growth and I’ve only been here since April of this year – I can’t wait to see where it’ll be in another year from now.
What TV show are you embarrassed to admit that you watch?
Reruns of Keeping Up With The Kardashians…I’m not proud of it.
What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
I would tell five year old Lindsey that she’s a lot stronger than she realizes and that she WILL get through the hard times life throws at her. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
If you were a baseball player, what song would you walk out to?
Juicy by The Notorious B.I.G.
What are 3 things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
- I compete in powerlifting and can squat more than my 6’3″ husband weighs.
- I have an extremely diverse taste in music – my Spotify account ranges from Reggae to Gangsta Rap to Country and Alternative, and somehow loops around to some angry Metal, too.
- I am an absolute NERD when it comes to astronomy. I love finding constellations on a clear night and learning about the universe – I can thank my dad for that.
What is your favorite movie of all time?
I would probably have to say Forrest Gump.
What do you love most about your job?
My husband is a firefighter, so I love coming to work and being directly connected to a sense of purpose behind what I do every day. It’s also been cool to be able to come home and talk “shop” with him about his gear, too. (Yes, he wears Fire-Dex!)
What I’m currently reading…
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware and Grit by Angela Duckworth (one fiction and one non-fiction).
If you were stranded on an island and could only have THREE things, what would they be?
- Strikable fire starter because it can’t run out of fuel
- Cutting tool of some kind
- Stainless steel container (can you tell I’ve thought about this before?)
What career advice would you give to new college grads or other job seekers searching for their first career opportunity?
Don’t let yourself feel rushed and settle for a job that takes more than it gives you because you think it’s what you “should” be doing. There will always be a way to find an option that makes you happier. The great and wise philosopher Jim Carrey once said, “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.”