On Deck at the DEX
Fire-Dex Remembers is a video series that was recorded at the Fire-Dex headquarters in Medina, Ohio on August 9th. As the 10 year anniversary approaches, remembering the thoughts, feelings and events of that day are different for each person.
As we recorded these videos, many employees at Fire-Dex became interested in the others’ responses. It was a moving, therapeutic day for all involved. In the coming weeks, more videos of employee remembrances will be shared.
We start with Lance Matiste. Lance is the Director of Product Design & Engineering at Fire-Dex. He was in New York City meeting with FDNY very close to the World Trade Center. This is his riveting account of that day.
Congratulations to Adam Thompson!
We picked our top 10 favorites, put the names in a boot (of course), and pulled out Adam’s name. There were many funny, creative captions. Our favorites were:
- Jason: Man, the kids at the day care are gonna be sooooo jealous! Yeeeeeeees!
- Adam: One small step for Hayden, one giant set of Fire Dex boots to do it in.
- Bryan: Can you see me now? Good!
- Montana: Fire-Dex turnout gear sheds some light on the lower quality competitors.
- Linda: “You Light up my Life”.
- Chris: My fire boots went out on the town, helping me do the best job in the world!
- Rich: Hey guys, where’s the rest of my Fire-Dex gear? The truck is leaving without me!
- Adam: HERE’S WHERE MY BOOTS WERE ON THE 4TH! (with image)
- Eric: I’m the reason you need to wear the best gear to work
- Ken: “We Glow, You’ll Glow”
Be watching for more caption photos in August.
Adam, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fire-Dex pulled out all the stops this past week! Our team, with help from our distributor Ferrara Fire, managed to custom fit from HEAD to TOE several big-name Hollywood actors on the set of the upcoming movie Fire With Fire.
Fire With Fire is filming in the New Orleans area, and is about a fireman’s decision to take an unexpected course of action when he’s threatened by a man who he’s been ordered to testify against. This thriller is starring Bruce Willis, Josh Duhamel, and Rosario Dawson.
Fire-Dex gear was provided to the following actors: Josh Duhamel who is the main character, James Lesure and Eric Winters will all being wearing Fire-Dex gear in the movie. Check out our on-set pictures!
Stay tuned for more news around this film, along with more on this story as Fire-Dex goes Hollywood!
More movie information can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1925431/.
What other movies about firemen are your favorites? Head on over to our Facebook page and tell us!
We continue our Kickin’ Back Employee Series, with Stacey Reynolds.
Stacy began at Fire-Dex as a sewer and through training over the years and “a tremendous amount of support,” she is now a Design Technician.
“I get to work on creating new products or options from start to finish through the NPOR process,” said Stacy. “I never get bored! My favorite part of my job is working on the new designs and improvements to our gear.”
How Fire-Dex Is Better Than Its Competitors
“Aside from the simple fact that it’s better because I work here, it’s the best because we listen to our customers and we give them what they ask for. I know this because that is my job!”
Advice To Fire-Dex Clients
“Don’t be afraid to ask. If we don’t offer a pocket or option, ask us.”
Four Things You Didn’t Know About Stacy
- “I love fishing! I even bait my own hook and take the fish off, unless it’s a catfish or has teeth.”
- “I used to want to be a model but I have given that dream up to be a fashion designer.”
- “I didn’t know how to sew before I started working at Fire-Dex.”
- She’s a scrapbooker. “I love taking pictures and putting them in an album with lots of details and creativity.”
Coke or Pepsi?