Fire-Dex is pleased to announce the promotion of Nick Lino to a Team Leader Position. In his new role, Nick will be instrumental in planning and assigning work, implementing procedures and company policies, coaching and developing teams, and all other team leader functions. Nick is currently overseeing the TECGEN PPE product line.
Fire-Dex will be supporting the Hands-On-Training sessions at FDIC by providing each of the 100+ instructors with a set of TECGEN PPE. These sets of gear will include a one-of-a-kind FDIC, H.O.T. Instructor patch.
Title/Position: TECGEN Product Specialist
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
My wife booked our 2016 vacation and it involves Oktoberfest… in Belgium. Yeah, baby!
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Ireland: any pub along the Ring of Kerry (and there are LOTS.)
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
The Trappe Door in Greenville, SC.
4. What is your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig?
Don’t demand respect, earn it. Be passionate about what you do. If you’re not, find something else.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
That Google and Apple would own the world. I would have bought stock then.
6. What are 3 things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
I play drums, race cars and love to cook. I’m not very good at any of these things, but it’s fun to pretend that I am.
7. What is your favorite app?
Waze, Definitely. Crowd-sourced, data-driving, real-time traffic guidance. I use it to drive to the grocery store sometimes. Yeah I’m a geek like that.
8. What is your favorite movie of all time?
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
Well I don’t know about “bustin’ a move,” but if head bobbing counts, right now it’s Can’t Feel My Face.
10. What is your favorite cookie?
Oreos… lots of white chocolate-covered Oreos.
11. What do you love most about your job?
Visiting Fire Departments all over the country (and internationally as well.) It doesn’t matter where you go; the accents may change but the character is the same: fun, helpful and honest. The brotherhood is real and I’m so thankful to play whatever small part I can to help.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Helping take the TECGEN PPE concept from the back of a bar napkin (literally) to being utilized in over 3,000 departments across the country. It shows there was a true need for mission-specific PPE and I’m proud to be play a part in fulfilling that need.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
My dad. He worked hard on a farm in rural North Carolina to provide an opportunity for me to do something different. He taught me to work hard, treat people with respect, always do the right thing and appreciate the things I have. I hope I can pass along a few of these values to my son as well.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex in 2016?
I’m very excited to work with a great team at Fire-Dex to help take TECGEN PPE to the next level! New products, new ideas… stay tuned, it’s going to be a great year!
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Time with the family is precious and I realize that more and more every year.
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
I think I would still be an engineer. They do call me gadget man for a reason.
17. What one device can you not live without?
iPhone. How would I find my way home without Waze?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have THREE things, what would they be?
Sunscreen, fishing pole and music. Now it’s like a vacation!
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim?”
My good buddy, David Moore.
Medina, Ohio – September 1, 2015 – Fire-Dex, a leading manufacturer of protective firefighting clothing, has acquired TECGEN PPE®, an innovative flame resistant fabric and garment technology from National Safety Apparel (NSA).
Fire-Dex is the exclusive licensee of the TECGEN PPE® product line for the first responder market. This acquisition will strengthen Fire-Dex as a global PPE leader, focused on protecting firefighters. This unique technical solution will expand Fire-Dex’s head-to-toe offering.
Steve Allison, Director of Sales, states “The TECGEN PPE® fabric and product designs are outstanding for modern day firefighter activities for more than 90% of department calls. NFPA 1971 structural firefighter gear is critical safety equipment but departments need additional function specific PPE that impacts their safety and comfort.”
Focused on protection and breathability, TECGEN PPE® offers a comfortable, protective alternative to wearing turnout gear or day uniforms for technical rescue and extrication work. TECGEN PPE® gear is specifically designed to stand up to the tasks most commonly performed during MVA, extrication and technical rescue responses.
“Fire-Dex and TECGEN PPE® are two of the fastest growing brands in the fire industry. This acquisition is a great fit for Fire-Dex as it further strengthens their leadership position in the PPE, fire apparel business” said Chuck Grossman, President & CEO of National Safety Apparel.
Fire-Dex, headquartered in Medina, OH, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of protective firefighting clothing, emergency response apparel, NFPA hoods, helmets, gloves and boots. For more information on Fire-Dex visit www.firedex.com. Also, see more at www.fire.tecgen.com.