1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
General summertime life with my family – no schoolwork, no tight schedules, more fun in the sun!
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
The ocean…although I am happy as long as there’s water. I could do without the shark attacks!
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
Favorite local restaurant:Santosuossos
Favorite hangout: our back patio with music, friends and drinks.
4. Please share your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig.
Don’t put too many limits on your expectations. Take the opportunity to branch out, relocate and experiment. You’ve got a long time to work your “real job” and the experiences will benefit you
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
I wish I’d known to listen to my Dad to invest, invest, invest … instead of just invest.
6. What are three things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
1. I was a top athlete in high school.
2. I love rock ballads.
3. I have an illogical fear of snakes (do NOT use this against me – I’m opening up to you here).
7. What is your favorite app?
8. What is your favorite movie of all time (yes, only one!)?
Armageddon. It has it all – action, comedy, a love story … oh and tears every time Steven Tyler sings the song.
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
Old school: U Can’t Touch this – MC Hammer
New school: Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
Driving down the road at top volume: Here I Go Again – Whitesnake
10. What is your favorite cookie?
Peanut Butter Kiss. Preferably warm from the oven.
11. What do you love most about your job?
The people I work with and that our product has a valuable purpose in the world
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Working my way back to a career at Fire-Dex after taking several years off to raise our twins.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
Mr. Leffew, a teacher and coach (not even my coach) who taught me to be confident in myself, to be true to myself and to those around me and how to overcome adversity.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex for 2015?
Seeing our business grow and becoming a bigger and bigger player in the “game”.
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, hands down.
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
I’d like to give education a shot, but I’d probably end up switching back to business.
17. What one device can you not live without?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things. What would those three things be?
John, Mason & Felicity. Assuming I can lump them into one, I would add a communication device and a military survival kit.
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim”? ☺Valerie Kreuder