Congratulations to Jonathan Mercer of Metro Fire, our February Distributor Sales Rep of the Month!
Jonathan is an aggressive DSR with great success in the North Texas Region, especially as it relates to the Interceptor Package™.
Recently retired from the fire service after 25 years, Jonathan takes pride in the ability to offer the fire industry health and safety-related solutions. Driven by this passion, he has played a huge role in converting customers to Fire-Dex, the Interceptor Package™, and TECGEN71.
Jonathan enjoys being adventurous with his down time; vacationing, riding dirt bikes and spending time with his wife Amy of 24 years and his 2 children Amanda (19) a sophomore in college, and Phillip (14) a freshman in high school.
Senior Regional Sales Manager
Southeast, Metropolitan & International Territories
Connect with Allen on LinkedIn.
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
I got the opportunity to hang with some METRO delegates at the IAFF ALTS in Anaheim, CA.
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Either a Caribbean or Mediterranean beach. Nothing beats 7 days of reading, sun and a few hours on a Waverunner or 4-wheeler.
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
Any local, privately owned breakfast or lunch place, particularly if they were on one of those TV shows.
4. Please share your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig.
I would say, move at least 500 miles from your home and college location and do something fun for a year. You have your whole life to have a serious job for what you studied.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
I wish someone would have told me to invest in stocks earlier.
6. What are three things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
1. I sang second lead in my high school musical while playing football at the same time.
2. My wife and I are foster parents.
3. I hate mushrooms, raisins and clowns.
7. What is your favorite app?
8. What is your favorite movie of all time (yes, only one!)?
James Bond. For Your Eyes Only
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
Any Top 40 song with at least 120 BPM
10. What is your favorite cookie?
Straight up Chocolate Chip.
11. What do you love most about your job?
Traveling and meeting new people and seeing new sites.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Converting dealers and gaining the confidence of fire departments to believe in me and Fire-Dex.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
I can’t really answer that because I don’t have one. I do my own thing.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex for 2015?
Converting METRO fire departments to Fire-Dex!
15. What is your favorite holiday?
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
17. What one device can you not live without?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things. What would those three things be?
2. My 4-wheeler
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim”?