1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
Hosting James Long and John Heaton from WS Darley at the Fire-Dex office on Tuesday.
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Las Vegas – golf, gambling & general debauchery.
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
The Pub at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.
4. What is your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig?
Work hard, have fun every day, and treat people well. Keep it simple & it will all work out for you.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
How much fun it would be when the kids were grown, out of the house and on their own!
6. What are three things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
1) I am a preacher’s kid.
2) I am a grandpa (Landyn is 6 & Alivia is almost 1).
3) I live deep in Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio.
7. What is your favorite app?
ESPN SportCenter on my iPad.
8. What is your favorite movie of all time (yes, only one!)?
Rio Bravo, starring John Wayne, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Walter Brennan & very young Angie Dickinson.
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
“Fire” by Jimi Hendrix or “Thunderstruck” by ACDC, depending on my mood.
10. What is your favorite cookie?
11. What do you love most about your job?
Being of service to first responders!
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Staying focused on sales throughout my career. I love the competition and the teamwork needed for success. It is always challenging.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
My Grandpa Allison.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex for 2015?
Our total, 100% company commitment to growing. Metros, military, helping our existing dealer grow, adding new dealers, higher technical specification, new products, & everything else. It is going to be blast filling the 2nd shift!
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas – no contest.
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
I still would do a Business degree.
17. What one device can you not live without?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things. What would those three things be?
My wife Michelle, a lighter & a charged satellite phone, just in case we wanted to call someone to come get us.
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim”?
Medina, Ohio – August 4, 2014 – Fire-Dex, a leading manufacturer of firefighter personal protective equipment (PPE), today announced the appointment of Steve Allison as the Director of Sales, effective August 25, 2014. Allison brings with him over 25 years of experience in the fire industry, recently serving as Senior VP for a another PPE manufacturer. Over the last few years Steve served as President & CEO of a leading education and office supply company, but is happy to be rejoining the fire service.
“Fire-Dex is on the cusp of achieving great things,” said Allison, “their growth and success in positioning themselves as a global leader in PPE is impressive; with industry-leading manufacturing processing, a talented field sales organization and a strong leadership team – it was an easy decision to join Fire-Dex”
As a member of the executive staff, Allison will manage all sales functions including management of the regional sales team.
“We are extremely excited to have Steve join Fire-Dex,” said Allen Rom, Senior Regional Sales Manager at Fire-Dex, “his experience and knowledge of the industry is incredible and his approach and enthusiasm is exactly what Fire-Dex needs to help us continue our momentum.”
In this role, Allison will report to Bill Burke, President of Fire-Dex.
“Steve is exactly what Fire-Dex needs to continue our success and achieve our aggressive growth goals,” said Burke, “we are extremely fortunate to have him on the team and look forward to great things.”
A privately held company, Fire-Dex is a quality manufacturer of protective firefighting clothing, emergency response apparel, premium quality NFPA hoods, gloves, helmets and boots. Fire-Dex is proud to be the service leader in the fire service including owning the industry’s best custom turnout lead times and offering such industry leading tools as GearTracker and FireWriter2. Visit www.firedex.com for more information.