Volunteer Firefighter Jamie Brock has served his community in his volunteer firefighter role for more than 30 years. On September 28, 2016, he went above and beyond the call of duty. He heard on his pager of an active shooter at a local school, Townville Elementary School. He immediately rushed to the scene and without hesitation tackled the shooter. He detained the shooter until authorities arrived. His efforts were applauded as likely preventing others from being hurt.
To the Board of Directors of the Missouri Valley Division of the IAFC:
Thank you for your recent article, “Open Letter to Fire Service Vendors and Agencies” as published in the Daily Dispatch on September 27, 2016. We share your concern for the cancer rates affecting firefighters throughout the fire service.
Pictured above: Todd Herring on the left and Larry Bucher on the right.
Medina, Ohio – August 2016 – Fire-Dex is pleased to announce the promotion of Todd Herring to Director of Marketing and the addition of Larry Bucher as the new T50 Regional Sales Manager.
With limited budgets and increased needs, purchasing new gear can be challenging and overwhelming. At Fire-Dex, we understand and can help with this process.
Each year, hundreds of grants are awarded to fire departments across the United States to boost their ability to protect their communities. Because of the multiple NFPA certifications carried by TECGEN® PPE, our gear qualifies for many different types of grants.
We collaborated with FireGrantsHelp.com to offer free grant assistance for PPE. We can also alert you about upcoming funding opportunities specific to your state.
Further, we have a TECGEN Product Specialist, Todd Herring, available for questions about the gear and grant opportunities.
To access the TECGEN Grant Assistance Program, click here and complete your department information. Within 72 hours, a Grants Assistance Manager will contact you.
Title/Position: TECGEN Product Specialist
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week, either at work or outside of work?
My wife booked our 2016 vacation and it involves Oktoberfest… in Belgium. Yeah, baby!
2. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Ireland: any pub along the Ring of Kerry (and there are LOTS.)
3. What is your favorite local restaurant or place to hangout?
The Trappe Door in Greenville, SC.
4. What is your best advice for new college grads or jobseekers looking for their first career gig?
Don’t demand respect, earn it. Be passionate about what you do. If you’re not, find something else.
5. What is the one thing you wish you’d known 20 years ago?
That Google and Apple would own the world. I would have bought stock then.
6. What are 3 things people don’t know about you and may be surprised to learn?
I play drums, race cars and love to cook. I’m not very good at any of these things, but it’s fun to pretend that I am.
7. What is your favorite app?
Waze, Definitely. Crowd-sourced, data-driving, real-time traffic guidance. I use it to drive to the grocery store sometimes. Yeah I’m a geek like that.
8. What is your favorite movie of all time?
9. What song makes you want to “bust a move” when you hear it on your iPod or radio?
Well I don’t know about “bustin’ a move,” but if head bobbing counts, right now it’s Can’t Feel My Face.
10. What is your favorite cookie?
Oreos… lots of white chocolate-covered Oreos.
11. What do you love most about your job?
Visiting Fire Departments all over the country (and internationally as well.) It doesn’t matter where you go; the accents may change but the character is the same: fun, helpful and honest. The brotherhood is real and I’m so thankful to play whatever small part I can to help.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional life?
Helping take the TECGEN PPE concept from the back of a bar napkin (literally) to being utilized in over 3,000 departments across the country. It shows there was a true need for mission-specific PPE and I’m proud to be play a part in fulfilling that need.
13. Who is/was your inspiration?
My dad. He worked hard on a farm in rural North Carolina to provide an opportunity for me to do something different. He taught me to work hard, treat people with respect, always do the right thing and appreciate the things I have. I hope I can pass along a few of these values to my son as well.
14. What are you most excited about for Fire-Dex in 2016?
I’m very excited to work with a great team at Fire-Dex to help take TECGEN PPE to the next level! New products, new ideas… stay tuned, it’s going to be a great year!
15. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Time with the family is precious and I realize that more and more every year.
16. If you could go back to college today, what would your major be?
I think I would still be an engineer. They do call me gadget man for a reason.
17. What one device can you not live without?
iPhone. How would I find my way home without Waze?
18. If you were stranded on an island and could only have THREE things, what would they be?
Sunscreen, fishing pole and music. Now it’s like a vacation!
19. Which do you prefer, Android or iPhone?
20. Who would you like to “tag” at Fire-Dex to be the next 20 Questions “victim?”
My good buddy, David Moore.