Assistant Production Manager Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex Assistant Production Manager- Darwood Manufacturing in Pelham, GA
Due to continued growth, we’re searching for a self-motivated Full-Time Assistant Production Manager for our Pelham, GA (near Thomasville, GA) location.
Reporting to our VP of Operations, the Assistant Production Manager focuses on supervising plant employees in a leadership role to meet production and project schedules; plans and assigns work; implements policies and operating procedures and is responsible for safety, quality, productivity and cost of production operations.
Additional Primary Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures
- Ensures effective employee relations and provides employee coaching and development
- Establishing and measuring against quality objectives
- Applying policies related to job performance, company values and safety
- Establishing and measuring against engineering standards
- Identifying key performance indicators and seeking continual improvement against them
- Assists in manufacturing engineering and project management activities
- Managing departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports
- Recommends improvements in production methods, operating procedures and working conditions
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Develops methods to utilize personnel and resources in the best possible ways
- Assists in performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports
- Assists in employee hiring
- Maintains world-class 6S standards
Candidates Should Possess the Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- 3-5 years or more of manufacturing or production leadership experience
- Working knowledge of teamwork concepts and experience in a team leadership role
- Managerial skills relating to the ability to lead cross-functional teams and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency to communicate well with all different levels of the organization
- Efficient with multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon business needs
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be proficient with current software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Values, solicits, and utilizes input from others
- Skilled in Lean manufacturing
- Familiar with ISO standards
We are a rapidly growing privately-owned manufacturer of personal protection equipment (PPE) and clothing for firefighters and other emergency first responders. Our mission is to serve those who serve. Our values include fun, integrity, respect and excellence = FIRE!
Drug Free Workplace
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.