Assistant Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Take your career to the next step? Advise in the installation of total preventative maintenance programs, operate using lean tools to accomplish the day’s tasks. Conduct machine setup, troubleshooting and repairs.
Assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of production equipment, building facilities and grounds keeping. Repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery. Support lean activities related to 6S and Kaizen by acting as a liaison for continuous improvement efforts. Assist with managing preventative and predictive maintenance programs to ensure optimal efficiency of all production equipment. Adhere to ISO standards and manages calibration programs.
Additionally, responsible for:
- Performing all emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performing scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Preparing and setting up machinery for production runs
- Reading and interpreting equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Record keeping and reporting of maintenance expenses, machine downtime and effectiveness of preventative maintenance
- Complying with OSHA safety and health rules
- Participating in Kaizen and 6S activities
- Assisting with maintaining general facility cleanliness and event set-up
- Performing other duties as assigned and multi-tasking
- Mechanic skills, including but not limited to:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Strong technical support experience
- Familiar with calibration systems
- Understands blueprints and schematic
- Solution-focused mind-set
- Promotable in a growing environment
- Flexibility to multi-task
- Ability to work positively with others (strong team player) as well as possess self-accountability and independence
- Open communicator and collaborator with supervisor and co-workers
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Strong Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills is preferred
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Hours of Work:
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Once trained the hours may vary based on needs
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive Pay
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), profit sharing, vacation & holiday paid time off
- Working in a state-of-the-art facility which creates customized head-to-toe protection for first responders
- Being a part of making the highest quality personal protective gear in the USA and keeping our emergency first responders safe!
- Working in a vibrant culture with great benefits and perks
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.