Cutting Associates – 3rd Shift – Medina, OH
We’re seeking self-motivated Cutting Associates to operate automatic fabric cutting machines and perform manual cutting operations to produce firefighter PPE. This is a newly added shift.
You will find purposeful work being a Fire-Dex Cutting Associate!
If you are energetic with an upbeat personality, have manual dexterity, the ability to prioritize tasks, and are detail oriented, we can train you to operate our equipment!
Hours of work: 11:00pm-7:00 am Sunday-Thursday
Additional Qualifications Needed:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience with Lectra Vectors preferred, but not required
- Basic computer experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on cushy and comfortable floor mats
- Basic math skills required, including the ability to read a ruler and understand measurements.
- Ability to work positively in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Open and effective communicator with co-workers and supervisors
- Solution focused mind-set
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Ability to read and execute instructions with varying details
- Possess a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess a strong sense of urgency, follow-through and diligence, including meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate adaptability to learn new skills and follow company procedures
- Dependability with good attendance
When joining the Fire-Dex team, you can:
- Work in a vibrant culture with great benefits, bonuses, incentives & perks
- Have a set and consistent full-time schedule
- Have fulfillment about the purposeful work you do within an impactful industry
- Work in a modern and temperature-controlled facility within a fun team-focused environment
Additional Benefits and Perks Include:
- $16.00 per hour starting pay!
- $1,500 hiring and retention bonus!
- $500 when you reach 3 months of employment and an additional $1,000 incentive bonus after reaching one year!
- Weekly direct deposit pay
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule to assist with a work-life balance (plus see below about PTO)
- Comprehensive training
- Attendance incentives – pay and extra PTO
- Profit sharing bonuses based upon company success
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family starting after 60 days
- PTO (Paid time off) starting after 90 days
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Generous referral program
- EAP (employee assistance program) for entire household
- Local entertainment and event discounts
- Celebrations (usually involving free food), contests, theme days and parties!
- Gift for your birthday!
- Once trained, listen to your own personal devices while working... music, books, podcasts
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
Fire-Dex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are, and will be recruited, selected, hired and promoted on the basis of individual merit and ability for the position available. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identification or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.
Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and E-Verify
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.