Maintenance Associate – 2nd shift – Medina, OH
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 2:30pm - 11:30pm
Friday: 1:00pm - 7:00pm – start your weekend earlier!
We’reseeking a self-motivated Maintenance Associate/Technician who can conduct machine setup, troubleshooting and repairs and advise in the installation of total preventative maintenance programs and operate using lean tools to accomplish the day’s tasks.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing all emergency/unscheduled troubleshooting and repairs of production equipment during production and performing scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Preparing and setting up machinery for production runs
- Reading and interpreting equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Record keeping and reporting of maintenance expenses, machine downtime and effectiveness of preventative maintenance
- Complying with OSHA safety and health rules
- Participating in Kaizen and 6s activities
- Assisting with maintaining general facility cleanliness and event set-up
- Shifting focus as priorities change
- Performing other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Mechanic skills, including but not limited to:
- Strong technical support experience
- Familiar with calibration systems
- Understands blueprints and schematics
- Solution focused mind-set
- Flexibility to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work positively with others (strong team player) as well as possess self-accountability and independence
- Open and effective communicator and collaborator with co-workers and supervisor, ability to remain calm and professional situations
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals and timelines
- Possess a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Benefits and Perks Include:
- Competitive hourly rate
- $1,500 hiring and retention bonus!
- $500 when you reach 3 months of employment and an additional $1,000 incentive bonus after reaching one year!
- Weekly direct deposit pay
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule to assist with a work-life balance (plus see below about paid time off)
- Comprehensive training
- Attendance incentives – pay and extra PTO
- Profit sharing bonuses based upon company success
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family after 60 days
- PTO (Paid time off) starting after 90 days
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Generous referral program
- EAP (employee assistance program) for entire household
- Local entertainment and event discounts
- Celebrations (usually involving free food), contests, theme days and parties!
- Gift for your birthday!
- Have fulfillment about the purposeful work you do within an impactful industry
- Work in a modern and temperature-controlled facility with a nice break room and outdoor patios
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
Fire-Dex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are, and will be recruited, selected, hired and promoted on the basis of individual merit and ability for the position available. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identification or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.