Production & Quality Associate – Memphis, TN – Job Description
Hours of Work: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday
We’re seeking a self-motivated individual who will be properly trained to be a Production & Quality Associate. After training, the associate will provide both warehouse and quality support through receiving and logging orders, processing, inspecting, and testing orders and packaging garment orders for shipping various personal protective equipment (PPE) for firefighters. This job is based out of our Memphis location.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Intake, tag, sort and process incoming garment orders
- Operate laundry machines
- Accurately enter garment data in internal tracking system
- Develop strong working knowledge and understanding through referencing and following company procedures, such as laundry and garment inspection and testing, general operations, and cleaning and preparation work procedures
- Complete work according to company quality standards while achieving company efficiency standards
- Build working knowledge and demonstrate familiarity of all equipment used for cleaning PPE
- Provide support as directed to repair department
- Demonstrate adaptability to learn new skills and follow company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds due to the nature of handling garments
- Have significant troubleshooting skills
- Possess a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a solution focused mind-set
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to read and execute instructions and procedures with varying details and carefully work to follow safety standards
- Ability to work positively in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Efficient with prioritizing and multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re- directions and interruptions based upon organizational needs
- Open and effective communicator with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data
- Competitive hourly pay
- Weekly direct deposit pay
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule to assist with a work-life balance
- Attendance incentives
- Profit sharing bonuses based upon company success
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family after 60 days
- Paid time off starting after 90 days
- Paid parental leave
- Life insurance, 401(k) with matching, EAP for entire family, discount programs and other perks
- Feel good about your work and industry because it's impactful
Gear Wash, Memphis, TN
2801 Appling Center Cove,
Memphis, TN 38133
Fire-Dex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are, and will be recruited, selected, hired and promoted on the basis of individual merit and ability for the position available. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identification or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.
All employment is, however, contingent on successful completion of a drug screen, E-Verify & background check.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.