Production Sewing Associate – 1st shift – Old Fort, NC
Did you know you can make a positive impact on firefighter health and safety from right here in McDowell County?
Founded in 1983 and headquartered in Medina, Ohio, Fire-Dex is a global company that prides ourselves on being a family-owned and operated business with a mission “to serve those who serve.” We manufacture PPE (personal protective equipment) for first responders. We recently opened a facility in Old Fort.
You could have very purposeful work being a Production Associate at Fire-Dex! We’re seeking self-motivated associates to work in a team setting and maintain quality and speed while performing stand-up sewing operations making safe and effective PPE for the first responders we serve.
If you are energetic with an upbeat personality, have manual dexterity, have the ability to multi-task, and are detail-oriented, we can train you to operate our industrial sewing equipment!
Additional Qualifications Needed:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on cushy and comfortable floor mats
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work positively in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Open and effective communicator with all co-workers and leadership
- Ability to read and execute instructions with varying details
- Possess a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Possess a strong sense of urgency, follow-through and diligence, including meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate adaptability to learn new skills and follow company procedures
- Dependability with good attendance
When joining the Fire-Dex team, you can:
- Work in a vibrant culture with great benefits, bonuses, incentives & perks
- Have a set and consistent full-time schedule
- Have fulfillment about the purposeful work you do within an impactful industry
- Work in a modern and temperature-controlled facility operating safe industrial sewing equipment within a fun team-focused environment
Additional Benefits and Perks Include:
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Weekly direct deposit pay
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule to assist with a work-life balance (plus see below about paid time off)
- Comprehensive training
- Attendance incentives – pay and extra PTO
- Weekly performance and production incentives (once trained)
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family after 60 days
- PTO (Paid time off) starting after 90 days
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Generous referral program
- EAP (employee assistance program) for entire household
- Local entertainment and event discounts
- Celebrations (usually involving free food), contests, theme days and parties!
- Gift for your birthday!
59 Commerce St
Old Fort, NC 28762
Fire-Dex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are, and will be recruited, selected, hired and promoted on the basis of individual merit and ability for the position available. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identification or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.