Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex
Supervise plant employees in a leadership role to meet production and project schedules; plan and assign work; implement policies and operating procedures and responsible for safety, quality, productivity and cost of responsible workgroups.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports
- Ensure effective employee relations and provides employee coaching and development
- Apply policies related to job performance, company values and safety
- Identify key performance indicators and seeking continual improvement against them
- Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures
- Ensures effective employee relations, creating a fun, yet highly effective work environment
- Maintain 6S standards
Hours of Work, Monday through Friday:
- 2nd shift hours: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; should be flexible to attend meetings and overtime coverage outside of these hours, as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field is preferred
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Previous successful manufacturing or production leadership experience
- Active leadership experience in lean initiatives, six-sigma programs and kaizen activities
- Highly skilled in Microsoft applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn new software programs and systems
- Open and effective communicator and collaborator with all levels of the organization, including verbally and written, including being a team player and having a professional interface with others, getting results through collaboration
- Managerial skills relating to the ability to lead cross-functional teams and interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentoring
- Possesses characteristics of servant leadership
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
What's In It For You?
- Competitive pay
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), profit sharing, vacation & holiday paid time off
- Work in a state-of-the-art facility which creates customized head-to-toe protection for first responders
- Feel really good about what your team members are producing
- Work in a vibrant culture with great benefits and perks
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.