Production Sewing Associate – Medina, OH
Create and Produce PPE!
Hours of Work:
- 1st shift:
- Monday through Friday: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm OR 4:30 am – 1:00 pm
- 2nd shift:
- Monday through Thursday: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Friday: 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm…start your weekend earlier!
Did you know you can make a positive impact on firefighter health and safety from right here in Northeast Ohio?
Fire-Dex is a locally and family-owned manufacturer of personal protective equipment (PPE) for first responders. We’re seeking self-motivated Production Sewing Associates to work in a team setting and maintain quality and speed while making safe and effective PPE for the first responders we serve.
Are YOU ready to:
- Work in a vibrant culture with great benefits & perks?
- Have a set and consistent full-time schedule?
- Start your weekend earlier with earlier shift hours on Friday?
- Have fulfillment about the work you do within an impactful industry?
- Work in a modern facility operating safe industrial sewing equipment within a fun team-focused environment?
What You Need:
If you are energetic with an upbeat personality, have manual dexterity, the ability to multi-task, are detail oriented, and dependable with good attendance, we can train you to operate our equipment!
Additional Qualifications Needed:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on cushy and comfortable mats
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work positively in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Open and effective communicator with co-workers and supervisors
- Solution focused mind-set
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Ability to read and execute instructions with varying details
- Possess a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess a strong sense of urgency, follow-through and diligence, including meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate adaptability to learn new skills and follow company procedures
- Competitive hourly pay and shift differential for 2nd shift
- Weekly direct deposit pay
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule
- Attendance incentives
- Weekly performance and production incentives (once trained)
- Profit sharing bonuses based upon company success
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, 401(k) with matching, EAP, paid time off, discount programs and other perks
- Comprehensive training program
- Once trained, listen to your own personal devices while working... music, books, podcasts - it’s your choice!
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.