Production Sewing Associate 1st & 2nd Shift – Medina, OH
Become a Fire-Dex Production Sewing Associate
Did you know you can make a positive impact on first responder health and safety from right here in Northeast Ohio?
Fire-Dex is a locally and family-owned manufacturer of personal protective equipment (PPE) for first responders. We’re seeking self-motivated Production Sewing Associates to maintain quality and speed while making safe and effective equipment for the first responders we serve.
- Work in a state-of-the-art facility operating industrial sewing equipment in a fun team environment?
- Have a set and consistent full-time schedule?
- Have fulfillment about your work and this industry because it is impactful?
- Work in a vibrant culture with great benefits and perks?
Hours of Work, Monday through Friday:
- 1st shift: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
- 2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
What You Need:
If you have manual dexterity, positivity, the ability to multi-task, are detail oriented, and dependable with good attendance, we can train you to operate our equipment!
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on very cushy and comfortable mats
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work positively in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Solution focused mind-set
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Ability to read and execute instructions with varying details
- Open and effective communicator with supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Full Benefits Include:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Shift differential for 2nd shift
- Weekly performance and production incentives (once trained)
- High performers can earn $16+ per hour after the 1st year!
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental, and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) with matching, EAP, and paid time off
- Profit sharing bonuses based upon company success
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule
- Attendance incentives
- Comprehensive training program
- Once trained, listen to your own personal devices while working... music, books, podcasts - it’s your choice!
- COVID-19 safety: face coverings are required, daily temperatures are being taken, social distancing is practiced, and frequent cleaning and sanitation of the building and surfaces
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.