Production Repair Associate Job – Florida – Description
Production Repair Associate
Monday through Friday: 1st shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, when traveling the hours will be 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Did you know you can make use your superior sewing skills to make a positive impact on firefighter health and safety?
Gear Wash is a Fire-Dex family-owned Independent Service Provider (ISP) of personal protective equipment (PPE) care and maintenance. We’re seeking self-motivated to Production Repair Associates maintain quality and speed while repairing safe and effective PPE for the first responders we serve. This job is based out of our Hudson, Florida location and will also include weekday travel a few times a month.
- Repair customized head-to-toe protection for first responders using industrial sewing equipment?
- Have a set and consistent full-time schedule?
- Travel to service our customers?
- Have fulfillment about your work and this industry because it’s impactful?
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Strong sewing skills
- Great manual dexterity
- Basic math skills
- Possess a valid drivers' license with a good driving record
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including weekday overnights
- Ability to work positively in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Solution focused mind-set
- Efficiency while multi-tasking and accommodating re-direction and interruptions with flexibility
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Efficient with prioritizing and multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon organizational needs
- Ability to read and execute instructions with varying details
- Open and effective communicator with supervisor and co-workers
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Competitive hourly pay
- Health, dental, and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) with matching, EAP, and paid time off
- When traveling eligible for an increase in hourly pay, company vehicle, per diem for meals, lodging and fuel costs included
- Steady full-time hours and a set and consistent schedule
- Attendance incentives
- Feel really good about your work and industry, because it's impactful
7621 Maryland Ave.
Hudson, FL 34667
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.