Regional Sales Representative Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex Regional Sales Manager - TEXAS
We’re actively seeking a Regional Sales Manager responsible for the growth and profitability of new and existing accounts. The position is based from the incumbent’s own home office in the state of Texas territory.
Ready for the following?
- Relationship building and management
- Generating direct contact with end-users and building strong, strategic relationships
- Distributor management to maximize revenue and market penetration
- Developing and presenting sales presentations and demonstrations to regional fire departments and distributors
- Creating product specifications for end-users
- Focusing on pull-through marketing activities
- Serving as the role of business advisor and distributor executive management
- Conducting classroom and “in-field” training of distributor sales representatives
- Coordinating and supporting sales activities with dealers
- Organizing, setting up and exhibiting at regional trade shows, as appropriate
- Occasionally hosting dealer and/or customer visits to our corporate office and factory (in Medina OH, in between Cleveland and Akron)
- Gathering, recording and updating competitive data and sales strategies
- Traveling: 110-130 days per year, with 70-80 overnights, the first year may have increased travel of 85-95 overnights
What You Need:
- College degree or equivalent
- Sales territory management experience required
- Sales experience in multiple-step distribution management, along with end-user selling skills required
- Experience within the fire industry very strongly preferred
- Public safety or government business/sales experience also preferred
- Account management experience
- Ability to work from a home office and must live in or near the territory (relocation not included)
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside of the organization, including verbal, electronic and written
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Efficient with multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon business needs
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to remain organized with and keep track of multiple sources of information and data through experience with the following systems: CRM (Salesforce experience preferred) and ERP
- Ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
- Self-motivated and action-oriented, with high energy and dedication to strong customer service and sales growth
- High attention to detail
- Ability to forge long-term and strategic relationships
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds due to the nature of handling product demonstrations
What’s In It for You?
- Salary including base, commission and bonus potential
- Earning potential is uncapped as the territory grows!
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental and vision plans, 401K, EAP, paid vacations, holidays, travel expense reimbursement, and more!
- Company issued vehicle
- Comprehensive training program
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.