Production Sewing Associate Job Description
Become a Fire-Dex Production Sewing Associate
Work in a team environment to create customized head-to-toe protection for first responders by operating industrial sewing machines and handcrafting details.
What You Need:
Previous sewing or crafting experience is desired, but if you have manual dexterity, the ability to multi-task, are detail oriented, and are dependable with good attendance, we can train you to sew!
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (on very cushy and comfortable mats)
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work positively with other in teams as well as possess self-accountability
- Solution focused mind-set
- Desire to work hard to meet goals
- Ability to work carefully and follow safety standards
- Open communicator with supervisor and co-workers
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Hours of Work:
2nd shift hours: 3:00 pm-11:30 pm, Monday – Friday
The hours on Fridays may be flexible to start and end earlier in the day…have more of your weekends free!
*If interested, can transfer to 1st shift when opening occur.
What’s In It for You?
- $10.50 per hour to start
- Plus $1.00 per hour shift differential
- Full-time benefits include: health, dental and vision plans, 401(k), profit sharing, vacations, holidays
- Steady full-time hours and a set schedule
- Overtime may be available
- Weekly performance and production incentives (once trained)
- High performers can earn $15+ per hour after the 1st year!
- Annual bonuses based upon company success
- Comprehensive training program
- Celebrations and parties
- Privately owned and fast-growing company
- Feel really good about what you're producing, because it's impactful
- A Northcoast 99 Winning Company!
Be part of making the highest quality personal protective gear in the USA and keep our emergency responders safe!
780 S. Progress Drive
Medina, OH 44256
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
For questions regarding employment at Fire-Dex, click here to email Human Resources.